is a non-affiliated diverse group of citizens whose sole purpose is to provide a safe forum to get informed and discuss community issues that impact Dover and its citizens.
- Our aim: Dover Listens wants to bring together Dover residents with different views to share ideas, get informed, and help shape the future of Dover.
- Who we are: Dover Listens is a diverse group of Dover residents who organize community conversations. We intentionally seek a range of perspectives on our board and in each project we take on.
How we work:
- Bring people together from all walks of life.
- Provide time for in-depth conversations in small groups.
- Respect differences and seek common ground.
- Create conversations among residents that are fair and lead to well-informed community solutions.
Who/what we are not:
Dover Listens will never take a position on a particular issue. We are here to create the process that allows all residents to talk about the issues and share ideas—not to say what needs to happen or how to vote. We want to get people together to talk about what is happening in our city, without feeling any pressure or agenda.